Potterells Patient Group (PPG)
Potterells Patient group is a group of patients interested in health and healthcare issues, who want to get involved with and support the running of our practice at Potterells. The group also includes the Practice Manager and a Clinician is present. The group meets every 6-8 weeks to decide ways and means of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to its patients. Additional meetings with the Surgery partners also take place.
Click on the link below to read an invitation from the Chairman:
What does a patient group do?
- Potterells Patient group are working together with the Clinicians and the practice, to improve services and to promote health and improved quality of care.
- Improving communication by assisting in the production newsletters or leaflets that provide patients with information about their health and how to access services .
- Together with members of the Practice Team and other significant NHS and/or Local Authority partners participate as appropriate in the organisation of health promotion events so that patients can have a really good understanding of their health and how best to look after it.
- Acting as a ‘critical friend’ to the Practice, by helping it appreciate and understand what patients are thinking and wanting from the practice.
- Helping to fill some of the gaps in services by signposting patients to available support or providing services such as patient libraries, volunteer transport, befriending and support groups.
- Influencing the services that are provided, and where they are provided, by taking part in what are called commissioning decisions: this means that services can be developed in the way that is best for patients.
- Undertaking appropriate survey or research to find out what matters to patients and discussing the findings with the Practice.
If you wish to join the PPG please contact Practice Manager Lilian Cross.
Click below for our Terms of Reference:
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.